Resource Roundup 2021
I share a number of different book, podcast, and video recommendations for placebo mages.
- Religion for Atheists: A Non-believers Guide to the Uses of Religion by Alain de Botton
- Atheopaganism by Mark Green
- Godless Paganism: Voices of Non-Theistic Paganism edited by John Halstead
- DIY Magic: A Strange & Whimsical Guide to Creativity by Anthony Alvarado
- Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age by Patrick Dunn
- The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking: How Irrational Beliefs Keep Us Happy, Healthy, and Sane by Matthew Hutson
- Useful Delusions: The Power and Paradox of the Self-Deceiving Brain by Shankar Vedantam and Bill Mesler
- Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics by Dan Harris and Jeff Warren
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikzentmihalyi
- THE WONDER: Science-Based Paganism
- Open Div Summit
- See also: OpenDiv organization
- Hidden Brain
- "Secret Friends"
- "What are the Odds?"
- "Creating God"
- "Useful Delusions"
- "How to Become Batman"
- "The Secret Emotional Life of Clothes"
- "Outside In"
- The Happiness Lab
- "The Power of a Made-Up Ritual"
- "Boldly Go like Yuri Gagarin"
- "Wisdom of the Ancients" series (particularly the episodes on Plato, Aristotle, and Confucius)
The Placebo Magick Podcast explores theatrical spiritual practice for atheists. Remember: Magick is a metaphor, and metaphor is magickal!
Subscribe by searching for the Placebo Magick Podcast in your favorite podcast app or using our RSS feed. Send your feedback to farmcodegary[at]protonmail.com (and let us know if it's okay to read it on the show). Join the discussion on Discord!
Support the show on Patreon to gain access to our Patreon-Exclusive Bonus Show!